I hope you enjoy the title of this post.
It turns out I have a hard time speaking in English as well as Spanish.




This is something I told Marisa while trying to tell her that there are always at least two ways of looking at things.
I tried saying that "there are always two sides to one coin" but instead 'cone' came out.
I'm learning that with Marisa, I can't ever live mistakes down. :)
So much has happened since the last time I blogged, but I will try to include all the important and interesting parts.
For starters, the preacher (Sam) and his wife (Anita) had their fourth child last Tuesday.
They had their fourth girl. If you would like to pray for their sanity (especially Sam's) I'm sure they would be grateful.
Isabella
Joy was born July 17 at around 10:40ish PM.
She is a tiny bundle of precious joy and high-pitched screams.
Over the past week or so, Marisa Beth and I have participated in the cell group that Morelia began with a few neighbor friends. I just can't get enough of this woman. She is absolutely amazing.
She has this wonderful ability to encourage everyone around her without having to put herself down or make herself become less.
She has the joy of the Lord and has a stunning desire to share it with everyone.
A few days ago, Morelia was telling Marisa and I about her favorite birthday memory. She said it was a surprise party for her that happened 3 years ago.
All her family was there and she didn't have to cook or prepare anything for it. She was almost in tears when she told us how much it meant to her that EVERY member of her family was there.
For her. When she didn't even ask them to.
Maybe it's because I just met this woman, or maybe it's because I had to translate everything she said in my head, but for some reason this anecdote made me realize how many things I take for granted.
And she is
teaching me more all the time.
Above is an 'action shot' of Morelia at her Tai Chi exposition.
On a different note, there are a few fun things I have done over the past few days with the girls. We hung out with the youth of the church by having a scavenger hunt downtown- my team totally won.
We also went to Huandacareo for "water park" fun.
On our day off, Sara and Montse got their belly buttons pierced, and we went to a VIP movie theatre.
Before I go, let
me explain this wonderful concept and then maybe one of you can explain to me why I've never heard of this.
The VIP movie theatre is a theatre filled with recliner chairs with armrests and trays attached to each chair. There are menus you can glance over before your WAITER comes and takes your order so he can deliver your meal.
Please.
Maybe I'll come home if we get some of these.
Okay, I promise I hope to blog soon, maybe tomorrow.
If not, the other girls have blogs too, check them out!
Marisa's blog is http://muchomunoz.blogspot.com
Beth's is http://lovecoloredglasses.blogspot.com
¡Hasta luego!
Emily
1 comment:
EMILY!!!
This trip just sounds more and more incredible. I mean a VIP movie theatre - Sign me up!
I miss you. I have told everyone here about you. People say "Hi, I'm (name)," and I say "Hi my name's Jenny and my Emily is in Mexico." Also, one of my housemates is from England. Sweet! I CANNOT WAIT to get home and share pictures and stories - I just wish it wasn't so stinking far away!
Thanks for blogging, friend. I know it can be stressful and time consuming but it makes me feel like I can experience a part of your trip with you. Then, hopefully I will be able to be a better support for you when you get home.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment