Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm getting a tattoo of a dinosaur

I noticed that I got a lot of response from my last post because I mentioned a nose piercing. I enjoy getting feedback and therefore titled this post with that idea in mind.

Well it's almost been a week since I reported our activities and so here it is...

Thursday, Marisa and I went to Ann's house for a bible study. Ann is married to Sam (the preacher) and is part of the original Team Mexico. Then we hung out at her house for a while playing with their four girls and then headed off to tutoring. My tutor told me that I had an exam later in the week....yikes. Then Marisa went to cell group (I go next week) and I walked to Sara's house so I could call the family and use the internet.

Friday, Marisa and I went to tutoring, headed home for lunch, created a kids lesson for the cell groups and headed down to the youth cell group. Honestly, I was a little nervous because Sara wasn't there (she was at the beach with her family) and I thought it would be awkward. I was wrong. Alex (a fellow intern) led the group and the kids responded really well. When I say 'kids', I'm talking about people from high school age to 25. So really, I should find a better word than kids...because some of them are older than me. We discussed what we thought God looked like and got some really interesting and beautiful answers. Then we ate cake because it was one of the youth's birthday.

Saturday was Sara's birthday. We went to a leader meeting then to Ann's house to prepare for the "surprise party" that Sara knew about. The party started around 4ish and it was SO FUN. We ate Tinga (a delicious meat), 2 kinds of cake, and fruit dipped in a chocolate fountain. Yum. Then we played Spoons and chatted for a long time. Afterwards, Morelia took us home and we watched "La Misma Luna" with her- it is such a good movie and Morelia liked it too.

This picture shows a great Mexican tradition. When it is someone's birthday, you sing to them and then chant, "mordida" (bite) and then they bite the cake. Well when they bite it, usually someone pushes their face in the cake. It's not surprise that Jeovel (the cheater at Spoons) pushed Sara's face into the cake. He said that he was trying to defend her and then we showed him this picture and he had nothing to say. :)



Sunday was a very restful day. We went to church, hung out with the family, rested at home, and then hung out with Sara and her family.

Monday was our day off and Marisa and I went to the market to get some stuff for the family and then to Cinépolis (the movie theatre....because we are addicted to VIP) and saw Journey to the Center of the Earth. I'm not ashamed to say I just loved it. We then went to Sara's house and hung out until tacos with the gringos.

Today, is also pretty restful because Marisa is sick. I refuse to believe it was the tacos because no one else is sick and they are too yummy for that.

I hope this wasn't too boring!
The final days of our stay here are approaching as we only have 11 left. It's a strange feeling because we are trying to be all here and at the same time prepare ourselves and our minds for our return to the states. It's hard not to think off all the obligations we have when we get home.

Speaking of which, If you or someone you know is interested in booking Seekers of the Word Drama Ministry from ACU this fall, please e-mail me at enj06a@acu.edu :) you can go to this website to check us out!



Thanks for reading, sorry it's INSANELY long, but I really do appreciate it! I hope to blog at least one more time while I'm here.

Hasta Luego
Emilia

No comments: